Monday, March 5, 2012

Feelin Green & Fun with Foam

Well, there’s two meanings behind this.  Friday morning my little man woke up with the stomach flu.  Good times.  Needless to say, I didn’t end up painting the bench in the laundry room, at least that’s the excuse I’m using this timeWinking smile.  I did throw together a super quick, easy and cute little St. Pat’s Day décor item.

Here’s what you need:

  • about 10 minutes of your time
  • green paper/plastic straws or bamboo sticks (I used leftover paper straws from the little man’s birthday party)
  • foam shamrocks
  • mason jar or small vase of some sort
  • baker’s twine or regular twine
  • office key tag
  • green candy or split peas (I used leftover green Jolly Ranchers, must be the least favorite flavor because it was the only color left.)

IMG_2352

I made two different projects.  First I made homemade St. Patty’s Day straws by simply sticking the smallest foam shamrock onto the straw a little ways down so you have room for your mouth.  So easy and cute!

Homemade Shamrock Straws

IMG_2353

 

And the second project was inspired by Bec of Little Lucy Lu’s Valentine centerpiece.  I used the same concept, but with shamrocks.

 

IMG_2354

IMG_2355

Add some green candy or split peas to the bottom. 

I would’ve added more, but that’s all I had at the moment.

IMG_2356

Don’t you love that little leprechaun?

My hubby’s grandma gave it to us.

Such a cute little guy to add to the fun.

IMG_2358

 

IMG_2359

Boom.  That’s it! Cute, easy and quick!

Get your green on!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! So this is the inspiration for your husband's idea of beer and name tags/charms.
    Oh, and I just caught on how a charm fits in perfectly with St. Patrick's Day.
    Thanks for sharing your cute, clever idea at Show & Tell.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love these! They are soo cute :) Just came over from the midwest bloggers facebook group! I'm a Michigan gal too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...